STEAM Spring Showcase
April 24th, 2017
So, how does one conclude such a course?
Students shared their experiences in the class, how it affected them, and how they are or envision carrying their STEAM experiences forward.
The showcase served to formalize some concluding thoughts which were shared throughout the last few days of the class - thoughts about how the class was impacting them came up naturally and often by the end.
Some thoughts that students shared about what they were learning, inspired by, and excited by, included:
- the ability to really make a socially-minded difference
- learning 'in the field' as opposed to from a textbook
- the understanding of New York City and ability to navigate around
- the variety of career choices available
- the ability of art to express science meaningfully
- real examples of the birth of innovation
- a newly realized and broadened perspective
- the ability to pursue multiple interests in tandem
- exposure to the cutting-edge cross-disciplinary world
- the ability to appreciate all forms of art
- a greater understanding of the power and importance of the arts
- how STEAM mindsets can positively impact any field you end up in
- how art, science, and technology can have mutual and positive impacts on one another